The Voice 2013: ITV lift 'ban' on mentioning the show on their channels

ITV logo

ITV has lifted a supposed ban on mentioning The Voice 2013 on their channels.

ITV had apparently banned any promotion of the series last year, but now no longer "fear" competition from the rival series.

It follows BGT's huge launch ratings at the weekend, with more than 13 million viewers watching compared to The Voice's 7 million.

Now ITV is set to allow promotion of the BBC series, starting with interviews with the show's coaches on the Jonathan Ross show.

A source told the Daily Mirror today: “We don’t fear them anymore, BGT is the number one show on Saturday nights and that is the way we think it will stay.

“If The Voice judges want to come onto ITV they are welcome, we are confident we have won the war this time.”

Britain's Got Talent boss Simon Cowell previously claimed that the BBC only have themselves to blame for losing the ratings war.

Chatting to us on the red carpet of last week's BGT launch, he said: "They're the ones who brought this show to the UK to compete with us.

"We were there always on Saturday night, they're the ones who wanted a competition, we never asked for it, they did."

And Simon added: "It's their problem, not my problem."

Watch our chat with Simon below...

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube