The Voice 2013: Andrea Begley accused of 'hiding TV past'

Andrea Begley (The Voice UK)

The Voice 2013 star Andrea Begley has been accused of hiding her TV past on the show.

The talented 26-year-old was presented as an ameateur on the BBC One series last night, but has works as a professional singer and has competed in various other talent shows before.

On her official website, Andrea boasts: "Over the years I’ve competed in a wide range of singing competitions, winning many.”

And last year saw Andrea wow audiences in Ireland on RTE show The Hit, which was presented by Laura Whitmore and saw the likes of Brian McFadden on the judging panel.

After her performance on last night's blind auditions show, Andrea was quickly picked up by Danny O'Donoghue.

He said: "She changed the mood in the room – that’s what megastars do. It was a great moment.”

But according to the Daily Star Sunday, Danny had already spotted Andrea on The Hit after her "incredibly ­moving” audition then.

Andrea however said she wanted to try out for The Voice ahead of other talent competitions.

The visually impaired singer, who has lost 90% of her vision through glaucoma, said: “I came on The Voice for the very basic reason you couldn’t see me and I couldn’t see you.

“For once I am on a level playing field with all the other contestants.”

Browse pictures of The Voice UK artists below...

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube