TOWIE's Mario Falcone has apologised after being given a police caution for assaulting an 11-year-old boy.
Mario lashed out after being taunted and provoked by a gang of youths over the ITV2 series earlier in the year.
A source told the Daily Mirror today about the incident: "Mario and Lucy were leaving their house when some comments were made about Lucy by a group of youths nearby who were making references to her ex Mark Wright.
“In the heat of the moment, Mario stormed over and grabbed one of them by the collar. It was a really stupid thing to do."
Mario was arrested and has been given a caution for the offence.
"Although both he and Lucy were the subject of some very hostile and confrontational provocation from a group of males Mario deeply regrets reacting in the way he did," a rep for Mario said. “He has already apologised to the boy and his family and offered to meet with them.”
A spokesperson Essex Police confirmed: “A man has been cautioned by police following an assault in Warley.
"Police were contacted shortly after 3.30pm on Friday, August 10, by the mother of a local 11-year-old boy who was attacked by a man on Crescent Road approximately 30 minutes earlier.
“Officers arrested a 24-year-old man at his nearby home address the following day and, following questioning, issued him with a police caution after he admitted to assaulting the boy.”