The chat show host, who fronts Chatty Man on Thursday nights on the channel, has explained that he refused to take part after being approached by show bosses.
He told the Daily Star newspaper: "Channel 4 wanted me to be on 'The Jump'. Seriously.
"They said, 'Why not?' And I said, 'Because I don't want to be in a neck brace.'"
Unfortunately for some of those that did take part this year the experience ended just as Alan had predicted.
Beth Tweddle had to have surgery on her back, Tina Hobley and Rebecca Adlington were both left needing surgery on her arm while Mark-Francis Vandelli required an operation to fix a fractured ankle.
Heather Mills, Linford Christie and Sarah Harding all also went out of the competition with injuries in what proved to be the most testing series yet.
But despite a long list of stars being left battered and bruised it's been reported that Channel 4 has entered early talks for The Jump to return next year for a fourth series.
"Obviously there's much to discuss but there's a lot of good will around The Jump," a source told the Radio Times.
"It's early days, and no-one is making any assumptions, but conversations have started about what a fourth series might look like."
It comes after the channel branded rumours of the show's axe "categorically untrue" ahead of the final earlier in the month, which was won by Rugby star Ben Cohen.