Strictly Come Dancing's pros are "on edge" over their futures on the show.
As yet the BBC has not confirmed which pros will be back on the series for 2018.
But with Brendan Cole's surprise axe, it's left others in fear of also not being invited to return.
Katya Jones, winner of last year's series with celeb partner Joe McFadden, admitted: "Things have changed with Brendan unfortunately leaving."
She told the Daily Star on Sunday newspaper: "Everyone is a bit on edge about what will happen."
Brendan had been a pro dancer on the show for the past 14 years but announced his exit on ITV's Lorraine earlier this year.
New Zealand born Brendan revealed that the BBC had decided not to renew his contract.
"They've made an editorial decision not to have me back on the show," he said. "I'm in shock. I got a phone call. I've had 15 incredible series."
Brendan admitted: "I'm disappointed. I've always known this day would come. I'm a very strong character, some don't like that.
"I've never been contracted for more than one year. I still wanted to be part of it. My passion is still very much there."
Brendan has since received support from former Strictly judge Len Goodman.
Len, who left the BBC series in 2016, said he was "sad" to see Brendan leave.
He explained: "You can't say he didn't do a great job. He did and there was always a bit of an edge with him: the bad boy of ballroom - he didn't mind answering you back.
"I hope me leaving didn't cause it and I just hope Anton doesn't go the same way. It'd be a bloody tragedy - he's got so much character."
Len also called on the BBC to hire more British dancers for its pro line up.
He told the Daily Mail newspaper: "I think all those pros are brilliant but I do like that you've got Kevin from Grimsby, and Anton from up the road.
"You don't want to end up with a load of people from... you know... as good as they are. It's nice to have some British dancers in there."
Strictly Come Dancing will air on BBC One from September.