Anton Du Beke is to be given a trial as Len Goodman's replacement on Strictly Come Dancing.
Len confirmed before the last series that the 2016 show would be his last on British TV.
Len said: “In 2004, I was asked to take part in a brand new BBC Saturday night show and who would have thought me, old Len Goodman, would still be part of this amazing series more than 10 years on.
"This adventure began when I was 60 and now that I’ve reached my 70s, I’ve decided after this year it’s time to hand the role of Head Judge to someone else."
He added: "It is an honour being part of the wonderful Strictly Come Dancing family and I’m looking forward to my last series very much and to whatever comes next.”
No replacement has been confirmed yet but current Strictly pro Anton Du Beke has reportedly been offered a screen test.
“Everyone loves Anton and he has been one of the favourites for the job because of his seniority and for being on the show since it started," a source told The Sun newspaper today. "He would be like a younger Len and the transition would definitely be a smooth one.
“They’ve obviously not ruled out other people but it’s a good sign for Anton.”
Strictly host Tess Daly previously said the wait until a name is confirmed won't be long now.
Although at the moment she's being kept in the dark just like the rest of us.
Speaking at the National Television Awards, Tess said: "We don't know [who it is] - it's still under discussion."
She added: "I'd imagine we'll know by April."
Alongside Anton, others tipped for the role include former pro dancer Karen Hardy.
Karen has said she is up for the role and reckons Strictly could do with "another strong woman" on the panel.
Whether or not it could be her, Karen wouldn't say but teased: "For now it’s all closed doors."
Karen told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: “Darcey is incredibly talented and knowledgeable –she’s been dancing ever since she was a little girl, like me.
“I say girl power, we all love girl power. It would be great to balance the panel out with another strong woman."
Strictly Come Dancing will be back on BBC One later this year for its brand new series.