Len Goodman has revealed just why he's stepping down from Strictly Come Dancing 2016.
Len confirmed earlier this year that the 2016 series of Strictly would be his last on British TV.
Len said: “In 2004, I was asked to take part in a brand new BBC Saturday night show and who would have thought me, old Len Goodman, would still be part of this amazing series more than 10 years on.
"This adventure began when I was 60 and now that I’ve reached my 70s, I’ve decided after this year it’s time to hand the role of Head Judge to someone else."
He added: "It is an honour being part of the wonderful Strictly Come Dancing family and I’m looking forward to my last series very much and to whatever comes next.”
As the end of this year's series nears - with the semi-finals tonight on BBC One - Len opened up on his reasons for leaving.
"I want to enjoy myself and go to places that I've never been before," he said this week. "I want to go out and live my life a bit more."
In a new interview with the Radio Times magazine (via Daily Mail), Len also spoke about signing up for Strictly in the first place.
"Firstly I was very worried it might be a mickey take of my little world of ballroom dancing, which of course was totally wrong," he confessed. "I also didn't think the professionals would be able to teach a non-dancer celebrity in a few days to any high standard.
"Thank heavens I did say yes, because it absolutely changed my life," Len continued. "Never ever have I regretted doing it, I've been so privileged to be part of the show."
The remaining four couples on this year's line up will return to the dancefloor in the semi final of the competition on Saturday 10th December at 6:50PM.
Then on Sunday 11th December at 7.20pm on BBC One one more celebrity will leave the competition in the latest results show.