Anton Du Beke has NOT been asked to replace Len Goodman on Strictly Come Dancing

strictly come dancing 2016 training  - 37

Anton Du Beke has NOT been asked to replace Len Goodman on Strictly Come Dancing.

At least, not yet.

Speaking on ITV's Good Morning Britain today, the Strictly pro dancer said he had not been in talks with show bosses, despite being the favourite to join the panel next year.

“Those conversations have not been had – yet," Anton said. “We will have to wait and see.

“Obviously they will have to make a decision at some stage. But they won’t do it now with the current series on.”

Len confirmed earlier this year that the 2016 series of Strictly would be his last on British TV.

Len said: “In 2004, I was asked to take part in a brand new BBC Saturday night show and who would have thought me, old Len Goodman, would still be part of this amazing series more than 10 years on.

"This adventure began when I was 60 and now that I’ve reached my 70s, I’ve decided after this year it’s time to hand the role of Head Judge to someone else."

He added: "It is an honour being part of the wonderful Strictly Come Dancing family and I’m looking forward to my last series very much and to whatever comes next.”

Len will make his final Strictly appearance in the Christmas special on Xmas Day on BBC One.

As well as Anton, other names tipped as possible replacements for Len have included Karen Hardy and Helen Richey.

For now, Strictly Come Dancing returns Saturday and Sunday night on BBC One.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube