Strictly Come Dancing to be investigated over fix claims

tellymix logo thumbnail

The BBC is to investigate Strictly Come Dancing over claims of a fix.

It's been reported today that former pro dancer Ola Jordan's accusations that the judges over and under mark celebs to keep certain ones in is to be looked into.

Ola also accused producers of pairing up the better celebs with their favourite pros to keep them in the competition for longer.

Now The Sun newspaper says that the BBC's Head of Entertainment Katie Taylor is to investigate.

A TV source told the newspaper today: “The BBC took Ola’s claims seriously and promised to check them out before the next series.

“She obviously didn’t want to leave on a bad note so was pleased to have the conversation."

Ola announced her exit from the show last month after ten years and will return to the ballroom this Saturday night for one last dance.

Meanwhile, Katie Derham and Anton Du Beke have hit back over separate claims of a fix after they made it through to the final over Anita Rani.

While it may be Anton's first time in eleven years getting to the end, some still reckon it's unfair.

But Katie, who was in the bottom two on Sunday night, insisted of the 'fix' accusations: “That sort of stuff just doesn’t, cannot, wouldn’t happen."

Anton agreed: “Forget it! Forget it! It’s impossible!”

He added: “The dance-off is judged on the dance that you put in front of the judges.”

The Strictly Come Dancing 2015 final airs this Saturday night from 6:35PM and 9PM on BBC One.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube