Strictly Come Dancing 2015: Ola Jordan may QUIT the show

tellymix logo thumbnail

Ola Jordan is reportedly set to quit Strictly Come Dancing after the current series.

The pro performer has been on the show for a decade now since debuting on the BBC One series back on Series 4 in 2006.

The Daily Mirror newspaper reports that Ola has told pals she plans to bow out at the end of the new run in order to 'settle down' and start a family with husband and former Strictly pro James Jordan.

An insider revealed to the newspaper: “Ten years feels the perfect stint. This series will be the last.”

But before any Strictly retirement there is still at least one more series for Ola and already one of this year's confirmed celebs has eyes for her as their pro partner.

Singer Peter Andre, who was officially announced for the new line up last week, said: "I've met her many times in the past and we always joked for years... 'I'll only do it if you're my partner', and she said, 'We'll only have you on if you're my partner'.

"And the joke has sort of gone on and on, but there's every chance that Ola's not going to be my partner now, because they don't tell the partners or the people until the day before, because they have to match weight and height and things like that. So I have no idea."

Peter joins boxer Anthony Ogogo, Irish singer Daniel O'Donnell, singer Peter Andre, Weather presenter Carol Kirkwood, TV host Katie Derham, Corrie star Georgia May Foote, EastEnder Kellie Bright, TV chef Ainsley Harriet and broadcaster Jeremy Vine on the official Strictly 2015 line up so far.

Strictly Come Dancing 2015 starts back on TV in September with the launch date now confirmed for September 5.

The opening show will see the celebs find out their pro partners before a first group dance ahead of the live shows beginning three weeks later.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube