Strictly Come Dancing 2015: Piers Morgan offered 'six figure' deal to join line up

tellymix logo thumbnail

Piers Morgan has claimed he was offered a six figure deal to take part in Strictly Come Dancing 2015.

However the broadcaster and former BGT judge said it was no where near enough money to get him dancing on live TV.

"This year I have been offered a lot of money to do Strictly Come Dancing — I think it was six figures, and Dancing with the Stars in America, which was a lot of money, about $300,000 (almost £200,000)," he said this week. “But there is not enough money in Fort Knox to get me to dance in public.

"However, a bottle of Jack Daniel’s is a different matter.I had my 50th recently and Amanda Holden and me were doing the old bongo dance until 3am, which was very impressive.

“In that situation I’ll dance, but not on National TV.”

Speaking to The Sun newspaper, Piers went on to reveal that he would be up for a return to the Britain's Got Talent panel next year and was previously lined up to join the show instead of David Walliams.

He explained: "I would do BGT again. It’s the tenth anniversary of America’s Got Talent and I went back to do a two-hour special, which aired on Tuesday night, and I really enjoyed it.

“I could replace any of the current lot on BGT and it would improve it. But look, this would all be in the fullness of time. I definitely wouldn’t say no to it.

“I had a little chat with Simon a couple of years ago, before David Walliams went in, and it looked like it could happen, but at the last minute it was too difficult to make it work with my CNN schedule.”

The first Strictly Come Dancing celeb will be revealed next week ahead of Strictly's return to TV in September.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube