Strictly Come Dancing 2015: Robin Windsor upset over axe by producers

robin windsor

Robin Windsor has suggested that age may have been a factor in his axe from Strictly Come Dancing.

The BBC unveiled this year's Strictly pro dancers last week with Robin dropped along with Iveta Lukosiute and Trent Whiddon while three newbies were added to the line up.

Speaking about the snub, Robin has said that the decision for him not to return was definitely not his own.

"I absolutely wanted to go back. I was ready to do it but unfortunately they’ve said they want some fresh faces on the show," Robin explained this weekend. “Maybe my Botox has worn off or something. I was a fresh face five years ago.

“Everybody has their time. It’s up to the producers who they want to have back.”

Robin was ruled out of last year's Strictly after a nasty back injury in training before the series began and admitted: "I was half expecting to be back considering I’d had a really rough year. They knew that. It had taken a long time to recover and I’d finally got there.

“I was ready to go again but the producer decided otherwise.”

Chatting to the Daily Star on Sunday newspaper, Robin went on to reveal that he still had plenty of projects lined up even without Strictly on his schedule.

He teased: “There are already lots of things in the pipeline. I’m looking forward to the next step.

"It’s now time to find some new adventures. It’s forced me to see what else is out there for me.”

Strictly will air on BBC One in the autumn.

Browse pictures of the Strictly pro dancers for this year below...

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube