Strictly Come Dancing: Richard Arnold wants Anton du Beke as his partner!

Richard Arnold (Strictly Come Dancing 2012)

Strictly Come Dancing hopeful Richard Arnold has said he wants Anton du Beke has his dance partner!

The Daybreak presenter confirmed yesterday he had been invited to do the show, receiving a phonecall from Sir Bruce Forsyth himself.

"It’s a showbiz call to arms, I had to do it – Brucie called," the showbiz pundit said on Daybreak.

The 42-year-old said: “I am to take to the dance floor, I am going to be in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing.

“The BBC said 'who would be your preferred partner?'

"I said Anton – someone with a good sense of humour and a firm hand - but apparently the programme hasn’t moved that far forward yet!”

Richard added: “I went to the costume fitting and frankly those costumes cut in places that are hugely inappropriate and hardly decent.”

Other stars rumoured to be on the line up include Olympian Victoria Pendleton and telly presenter Fern Britton.

Bosses have begun to confirm some of the names, with Dani Harmer and Nicky Byrne amongst those confirmed on the Strictly Come Dancing 2012 line up so far.

The Strictly Come Dancing launch show will air next Saturday from 6:30PM, where the celebrities will find out which dancers they've been partnered with.

They'll then have three weeks worth of training before the first live shows kick off on October 5.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube