Tracy Beaker star Dani Harmer has become the first celebrity confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing 2012.
The news comes as it's revealed that musical Disco Inferno, which Dani was set to star in, has been cancelled.
It's been claimed that investors behind the stage show withdrew after Dani quit to take part in Strictly.
A BBC spokesman for the BBC commented: "We're delighted Dani is on board for Strictly and, when booked, was 100% available."
Dani is the first celebrity to be confirmed for this year's Strictly, which starts on September 15.
Writing on her Twitter account, the 23-year-old said: "I would just like to send a massive apology to everyone that has booked tickets to see Disco Inferno! Unfortunately the tour has been cancelled!
"On behalf of all the cast thank you to all your amazing tweets from you guys who have seen and enjoyed it! We're all gutted."
She later added: "Looking forward to my next adventure. Can't wait to tell you all what I'm doing next! So excited."
A spokesman for Dani told the BBC News Website: "We share the disappointment of Dani's fans that the Disco Inferno tour was regrettably cancelled.
"But we're delighted that the BBC have offered Dani this exciting opportunity, which she is now able to confirm."
Earlier this year Dani made the final of BBC One's Let's Dance for Sport Relief alongside Outnumbered's Tyger Drew-Honey.
[cat]Strictly Come Dancing[/cat] airs on BBC One later this month.