I'm A Celebrity 2016: Nigel Farage said no to a £1 MILLION offer

nigel-farage

Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage said NO to a £1 million deal to join I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

The politician was reportedly made a big money offer to appear in the jungle this month.

It's after claims that Celebrity Big Brother said no to the amount he was requesting earlier in the year.

Speaking in September, Farage hinted at discussions with various shows, telling ITV's Loose Women: "I've had a few conversations."

But he refused to go into details, saying: "I don't reveal private conversations."

According to The Sun newspaper, ITV were offering 'close to a million' before Farage turned them down.

"They got close to a million by the end, they hinted it could have gone even further," a source told the tabloid.

A spokesperson for the pro Brexit campaigner said he said no to the show because “he’s not a bloody idiot.”

Talking last week, Farage suggested he would no longer be pursuing any TV work until Brexit actually happened.

The ex UKIP head had stepped down from his party after June's referendum but courts ruled last week that Brexit could not go ahead without a further vote by MPs.

"I’ve always said that I’m open-minded about everything but I think going into the jungle after last week’s events would be a serious dereliction of duty," Farage is quoted as saying. “I’ll campaign until the people get what they voted for.”

Maybe next year then...

I'm A Celebrity 2016 starts on ITV this Sunday night from 9PM.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube