The former judge on the show when it was on BBC One described the first episode as "brilliant".
Bake Off moved to Channel 4 last week in a controversial move worth a reported £75 million.
But it lost Mary in the process as well as hosts Mel and Sue who all left out of loyalty to the BBC.
"I have looked at it yes and I have to say it's a wonderful format," Mary said of Channel 4's version of the show. "It's a wonderful creation that programme, and it's followed the same lines.
"It continues to be brilliant."
Mary has been replaced by Prue Leith alongside Paul Hollywood as a judge on Bake off while Noel Fielding And Sandi Toksvig are hosting the new show.
Speaking to The Sun newspaper, Mary said: "I was with it seven years and I loved it but I've gone on to pastures new and Prue Leith - she knows her stuff - and she and Paul will continue to be brilliant judges.
"I have spoken to Prue, I wished her well and she said she's thoroughly enjoying it and who wouldn't? It's a wonderful job."
The first episode the Great British Bake Off 2017 was watched by 6.5 million viewers last week.
It was much lower than the show got on BBC One last year but it gave Channel 4's its best numbers since the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
It is also a massive hit among 16-34s, becoming C4's biggest show in the youth demographic since Big Brother ten years ago.
C4's chief creative officer Jay Hunt said she was thrilled with the performance: "The Great British Bake Off’s audience last night proves it’s still one of the country’s favourite shows.
"I am delighted millions watched the new team put 12 magnificent bakers through their paces. It’s the largest share of young audiences we’ve had for a show for over a decade."
Great British Bake Off continues Tuesday nights on Channel 4 from 8PM.