Yesterday it was confirmed that Mary is leaving Bake Off when it departs the BBC - although her co-judge Paul Hollywood will remain with the show at its new home.
But while it took just over a week for their decisions to come, it seems Mary had her mind made up all along.
The Telegraph reports that the 81-year-old said no to formal negotiations with C4 - as did presenters Mel and Sue, who handed in their notices last week, just a day after Bake Off's channel change was confirmed.
While C4 did apparently have 'sporadic' contact with Mary's agent, it seems the lady herself just wasn't interested.
Sources suggest Paul informed the BBC of his deal with C4 on Wednesday, shortly after putting pen to paper - with the corporation rushing forward its announcement of Mary's exit as a result.
Meanwhile, it seems the BBC is listening to popular demand for Mary, Mel and Sue to be reunited - as the newspaper claimed that discussions regarding a new show for the trio have already begun.
Bosses are said to have pledged to reward Mary for her loyalty by making her their "number one" TV chef until her retirement.
In a statement yesterday, the Beeb's Director of Content Charlotte Moore said: "I've been very lucky to have had the pleasure of working with Mary over the last seven years and I'm so pleased that relationship will continue.
"She is an inspiration to generations, a real icon and I can't wait to cook up more unmissable shows with her."