Another Ant and Dec TV show has been pulled from screens

Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway

Ant and Dec's latest TV project has been put on hold, it's reported today.

An ITV special following the pair as they traced their roots is said to have been pulled from screens

Announced last year, Ant & Dec's DNA Journey was to allow viewers to watch the Geordie duo as they researched their histories and ancestries.

"Tracing our ancestors using pioneering DNA methods has been a fascinating and emotional process so far," Ant & Dec said at the time.

They revealed: "We have discovered some amazing things which have shocked and surprised us and we still have hundreds of years to uncover! We are looking forward to sharing our journey with the audience."

However following Ant stepping down from his TV work and returning to rehab, the show has been dropped for the foreseeable future.

A source told the Daily Star: "It’s really touch and go as to whether this show ever sees the light of day now."

However insiders hit back at the suggestion the show was axed over scenes of Ant drinking.

It's understood both Ant and Dec traced their histories back to Ireland, where they visited a number of pubs in County Leitrim.

"The show has been put on hold whilst Ant steps down from his TV work - not because it features scenes of drinking," a show insider said.

This weekend Saturday Night Takeaway will go ahead without Ant.

Dec is also expected to front the Britain's Got Talent live shows alone, but the plans for I'm A Celebrity later in the year have not been revealed.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube