Max George 'turns down £150,000 offer to join Celebrity Big Brother 2017 cast'

max-george

Max George has reportedly turned down a £150,000 offer to take part in Celebrity Big Brother.

Apparently it's not the first time that The Wanted star Max has been invited onto the show, also being approached by show bosses last year.

According to The Sun newspaper, Max - who previously dated Michelle Keegan - is said to be focusing on his music rather than reality telly.

"Max isn’t interested in doing any reality TV," a source told the tabloid today. “He has been inundated with offers but wants to avoid having to open up about his love life.

“He’s told pals he will leave any reality telly work to his ex-bandmates Tom Parker and Jay McGuiness.”

Celebrity Big Brother will be back later this summer for its latest series.

Other names linked to the new series at the time being include Donald Trump's ex wife Ivana Trump, TOWIE's Bobby Norris, Union J singer Jaymi Hensley and Ex On The Beach’s Chanelle McCleary.

Plus there's TV psychic Derek Acorah, wrestling star Hulk Hogan, Britain's Next Top Model contestant Talulah-Eve Brown, X Factor's Sam Callahan, celebrity tattooist Kevin Paul and Real Housewives of Cheshire star Ester Dee.

A spokesperson for Channel 5 said they did not comment on housemate rumours.

Celebrity Big Brother will air on Channel 5 this summer, following the upcoming civilian series which kicks off on Monday, June 5.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube