A campaign has been set up to stop Justin Lee Collins from entering the Celebrity Big Brother 2013 house.
The comic has reportedly been offered £100,000 to take part in CBB next month.
The former Friday Night Project host was found guilty of harassing his ex-girlfriend Anna Lark earlier this year, being sentenced to 140 hours of unpaid work after harassing Anna with distressing phone calls.
A source said: “He has done wrong but he has done his community service and going on the show could be the break he needs.”
However Anna and her family have set up a petition to stop Justin from taking part.
Anna said: "The whole idea is just tacky and irreverent.
"I don't think he should go on the show and be given the chance to talk about what happened - it's wrong."
Her brother Alex added: "It’s disgusting that Channel 5 have selected him because of his conviction to boost their flagging ratings for Big Brother.
“They are essentially rewarding him for his abhorrent behaviour with the offer of £100,000 to appear in the house.
“Justin Lee Collins is a convicted domestic abuser and a bully who put my sister through a sustained campaign of emotional abuse.
“I am asking the British public to do the right thing and support the plight of victims of domestic abuse by showing Channel 5 this will not be tolerated."
A spokesman for Justin Lee Collins' agent said there would be no comment.
A spokesman for Channel 5 said it never confirmed housemates before broadcast.