Love Island 2018 bosses have reportedly banned so-called ‘reality TV rejects’ from this year’s cast.
Love Island 2018 is on its way with Caroline Flack set to return to screens in June.
Currently applications remain open for Love Island 2018 with a reported 150,000 singletons putting themselves forward.
The Sun reports that a number of those who have applied have already been on TV before.
‘Stars’ from shows including Made In Chelsea, Towie, Geordie Shore, Ex On The Beach as well as Celebs Go Dating and First Dates are said to have submitted applications.
But sources say the Love Island team are after fresh faces looking for “genuine” love.
“Reality TV wannabes have seen the overnight success enjoyed by last year’s Love Island contestants and want a piece of the action,” they explained. “Therefore producers want to ensure that their chosen singletons are genuinely looking for love rather than fame and haven’t appeared on any other reality shows before.”
A spokesman for ITV said of the report: “Anyone is welcome to apply – the only stipulation is that applicants are over 18 and single.”
You can apply now here. Applications close at the end of April.
Meanwhile, although ITV have yet to officially announce when Love Island will be back on TV, host Caroline has teased on Twitter it would return very soon.
Telling fans there were “2 months” to go, it seems as though we can expect Love Island to return within the first week of June.
Based on past years, Monday June 4 could be a possible start date for Love Island 2018.