The husband of current Strictly Come Dancing pro Oti Mabuse will replace Brendan Cole, it's been claimed.
Brendan had been a pro dancer on the show for the past 14 years but announced his exit this week on ITV's Lorraine.
"They've made an editorial decision not to have me back on the show," he said. "I'm in shock. I got a phone call. I've had 15 incredible series."
Brendan admitted: "I'm disappointed. I've always known this day would come. I'm a very strong character, some don't like that.
"I've never been contracted for more than one year. I still wanted to be part of it. My passion is still very much there."
The BBC said in a statement: "We'd like to thank Brendan Cole for being part of the show since the beginning - winner of the first series - and for the contribution he has made to its success.
"We wish him all the very best for the future."
According to The Sun, dancer Marius Iepure is being lined up to take over from Brendan on Strictly.
He's the husband of current pro performer Oti Mabuse.
A source told the paper: "Marius was involved in Strictly last year as a backing dancer and has proved very popular with both the other dancers and production staff alike."
Meanwhile, it's been claimed that Brendan could fall on his feet with a new TV job.
A source suggested ITV were keen on signing Brendan for Dancing On Ice.
They explained: "To be honest, the team were doing cartwheels when they found out that Strictly had sacked him as they think he’d be the perfect fit over at ITV, he's such a huge personality and talent who really knows his stuff.
“His opinions may have annoyed people over at the BBC but that kind of feistiness is exactly what ITV want."
The current series of Dancing On Ice airs Sunday nights on ITV but has already been renewed for 2019.
Strictly meanwhile will air its new series in the autumn on BBC One.