Oasis star Noel Gallagher has revealed how he was approached to be a judge on The X Factor 2011 earlier this year - but had absolutely no intentions of taking part. Speaking to the Daily Mirror today, Noel revealed how his daughter is still angry with him for not taking up the opportunity!
He explained how X Factor boss Simon Cowell approached him earlier this year after the show lost Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue and Simon himself to other projects.
"Money was never mentioned," he told the newspaper. "I told him he didn't really want me on there.
"He insisted he did. I insisted harder that he didn't and he gave up asking. My 11-year-old daughter has never forgiven me."
In the end, Take That star Gary Barlow was brought in to head up the panel, with US star Kelly Rowland and N-Dubz star Tulisa Contostavlos replacing Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue.
"These four are totally up for it, each of them bring a different attitude," Simon said about the new panel. "They have had a ton of hits between them and they are all committed to finding a star.
"I have a feeling Louis and Tulisa will have slightly different points of view as to what the next star should look and sound like!"
The first episode of The X Factor 2011 premieres on Saturday night on ITV1.