Former X Factor winner Joe McElderry has said he is "glad" to have moved away from the show over the past six months. The 20-year-old singer, who was dropped by Simon Cowell's Syco label in the Spring, told the Daily Star he was looking forward to his new album.
We revealed last week how Joe had signed to classical label Decca Records, owned by Sony Music rival Universal.
Joe is reportedly set to release his second album with his new label next month, to coincide with the return of the new series on August 20.
He said today “I’m so happy to be releasing another album. I can’t really talk about it yet but it’s going to be pop not opera. And it will be more ballads and grown up that my first album.”
Joe added: “To be honest I’m glad to be out of the X Factor machine.”