Ronan Parke's mum has dismissed claims that have suggested the 12-year-old was 'groomed for stardom by Simon Cowell'. Previous allegations circulating on the internet from an supposed anonymous insider had claimed that Cowell's firm Syco had been working with Ronan for two years.
Mrs Parke, mum of Britain’s Got Talent 2011 favourite Ronan, told the BBC: "It's laughable, to be perfectly honest with you, and it couldn't be further from the truth.
"There's just no foundation in it whatsoever. My friend Susan Gunn told me that she'd seen it on the internet and we just had a laugh about it and didn't think any more about it because it's so untrue."
She revealed that Ronan hadn't even told them he was auditioning explaining: "It was just something he really wanted to do. He felt it was the right time for him to apply and the first we heard about it was when we got a phone call from Britain's Got Talent saying he had an audition."
Mrs Parke added: "As far as I'm concerned you're always going to get people that are saying nasty things because that's the nature of life, unfortunately.
"It won't affect Ronan. Ronan's focussed on what he's doing. He knows the truth, we know the truth and certainly Simon Cowell and everybody at Syco knows the truth."
Syco released a statement yesterday denying all the claims. They warned: “Syco/Sony Music will not hesitate to take whatever legal action is appropriate to prevent further publication of these unfounded allegations.”
Ronan Parke will be one of 10 finalist in this Saturday's Britain’s Got Talent 2011 final.