'Controversy' strikes Britain's Got Talent already with act Circus of Horrors previously working with Ant & Dec

Circus of Horrors

One of the apparent favourite Britain's Got Talent 2011 acts has already found itself in 'controversy' after it was revealed they've not only performed with Ant & Dec before but also in front of royals. Circus of Horrors, who are tipped for the live shows, have worked with the BGT hosts on their Saturday Night Takeway programme.

The group, which carry out dangerous stunts such as knife throwing and fire limbo dancing, impressed the judging panel in Birmingham on the show. "You are like Hollywood Boulevard, filled with whacked-out freaks like you," David Hasseloff said about the group. “It was very entertaining.”

Meanwhile Michael McIntyre said: “It was a visual feast. You are all extremely talented. Overall, a wonderful spectacle.”

[ad#ArticleAdLeft]

Amanda Holden added: “Gruesomely good with something for everyone – like the Rocky Horror Show on acid.”

However according to The Mirror today the group have had a previous working relationship with Britain's Got Talent hosts Ant & Dec, having taken part in a few telly shows with the pair. The group have also appeared on a range of other programmes including Graham Norton, Richard and Judy, The Jerry Springer Show and Don’t Try This At Home.

Furthermore the group have also already performed for royalty - the top prize for the show's winners - after they put on a show for Prince Charles’ 50th birthday party in 1998.

A source said: “When other acts see the evidence, it will look like favouritism.”

A spokesperson for the show last night commented: “The show is open to professionals and amateurs. Ant and Dec do remember the circus but it’s the judges who put the acts through, not the show’s hosts.”

Subscribe on YouTube