"Huge range of characters" at this year's X Factor auditions says Dermot O’Leary

Dermot O'Leary

It seems as though the fact that this year's judging panel still hasn't been decided isn't putting off X Factor wannabes, with host Dermot O'Leary saying this week the auditions have been the biggest yet. Speaking to Closer magazine, the telly presenter said the first round of auditions had attracted the largest crowds ever.

Auditions have been held across the country in large arenas over the past month, with the last chance to enter this year's show being in Cardiff this Saturday. Those who have been successful will go on to face an as-yet unknown judging panel in June this summer!

"We’ve already started filming the auditions for the latest series and so far they’ve been really good," Dermot said this week. “There’s already a huge range of characters and we’ve had our biggest ever crowds turning up to be in the audience. I can see there being more boy bands, like One Direction, but also loads of girl bands.”

Despite many rumours about the future of the show, including how well it will hold up with the departure of some of the judges, Dermot was convinced the programme was safe now. “I think it’ll keep going, at least for the moment," he said.

TellyMix will be at the last auditions in Cardiff this weekend, if you're going to audition we'd love to hear from you!

Subscribe on YouTube